Tuesday 3 July 2012






Looking at the re-scan of this picture from the Glastonbury Ice Cream Van series this week.  After absorbing some Mark Power pictures early on in my degree I subconsciously set myself the task of finding ways to frame ordinary and unremarkable subject matter in such a way to make scenes visually interesting.  Of course the lens does this on its own, but the decisions required by the photographer are crucial in bringing about a harmony in the representation of colour and form etc.  With this picture I feel like I'm getting somewhere close.

The series originated from trying to photographically navigate the often overwhelming sprawl of Glastonbury.  The usual problem of 'what to photograph' was settled with the idea of using Ice Cream Vans as an anchor point for images.  More to come soon.